Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Baskin Robins making a deal with 31 Cent Scoop Night

Baskin Robins 31 Cent Scoop Night was a huge success for all of the neighbors surrounding nearby locations on April 27. This event was inspired by the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation. For the fifth year in a row Baskin Robbins has had more success than imagined, raising $100,000 all for charity. The event raises interest and demand for customers and for some is a very sweet treat with the price and the ice cream. We all know that with summer coming around this spiked the demand for many ice cream lovers and got them re-interested in their favorite sweet treat. This was a very smart move on Baskin Robins part because, by lowering the price, consumers are more inclined to buy more than one scoop, then spending more money, and also more likely to come with their families and friends to have a cheap night out. With the price lowered, consumers feel more at ease with their purchase, and will not have buyer’s remorse when it comes to overpriced ice cream. This will then make the consumer think back to the good times they had at Baskin Robins and come back there, thus increasing the flow of the economy.

--Sarah Allegro

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree with you! I know that in my case, I don't ever go to Baskin Robins because the ice cream is too overpriced. But don't get me wrong, I LOVE their ice cream. I wish I would have known about this day. I agree with you in that people will buy more scoops since the price is lowered. They will also leave more satisfied with their purchase. It also seems true that since they are raising money for charity, more people will choose to participate. That means demand would go up.

    Like I said before, the charity funding will raise awareness and it is most likely that people will come back to buy more on other days.

    Don't forget to put the link hidden in the text!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that this idea could turn business around since their prices are so high. Because of the access supply that Baskin Robins mush have it is key to lower the price to bring it back to equilibrium. But my only thought is that the price is too low for them to make the maximum profit possible. I feel like they could raise there prices a little big and it will still attract customers. Sure it might be a “Baskin Robins” theme but I feel like it is more important to not go too high or below equilibrium. I also feel like this publicity isn’t good enough for a one-day event. I believe that they have the right Idea to attract customers and try to move toward equilibrium, but they might have gone to low in the prices and not far enough on the amount of days this is bargain is offered. If they want to make a huge difference they would have to do this more than 1 day.

    ReplyDelete